Here are some of the stories, features and commentaries I’ve written in the last couple of years.
The Drum is the ABC’s home for opinion and analysis. All my pieces for The Drum are here.
ABC Environment is the portal for all of the ABC’s environment and climate change coverage. The site also commissions original content.
- Changing climate is a slow burn
- In the footprints of immigrants
- Whale wars move to the conference centre
- Climate change and the role of clouds
- 10 climate policies the next Government could steal
- Cancun: not with a bang but a whimper
- Are our national parks barking up the wrong tree?
- Coal seam gas groundwater concerns
- Life at Four Degrees
Green Lifestyle, formerly known as G Magazine, is sold across Australia and has a focus on environmental issues, climate change and living sustainably.
- The State of Our Oceans – special report
- The three peaks – oil, food and water
- Erin Brokovich interview
- How climate sceptics are pitching to schoolchildren
- Cloud seeding – does it work?
I’m a regular contributor to North America-based DeSmogBlog, named by Time magazine as one of the top 25 blogs of 2011. DeSmogBlog examines climate science denial and the corporate “PR pollution” that clouds many environmental issues. All my stories are here.
Crikey is arguably the most influential independent media outlet in Australia. Listed below are a few of my stories, with the most recent stories appearing at the bottom.
- The 7PM Project and a dose of climate misinfotainment
- Emails reveal nature of attacks on climate scientists
- Monckton to sue ABC, calls chairman a ‘shrimp’
- The Breivik Manifesto and the Monckton connection
- Gina Rinehart invites sceptic Plimer to high-level luncheon
- Climate scientists slam Cardinal Pell’s climate speech as “utter rubbish”
- Monckton threatens to sue ABC, calls chairman a “shrimp”
- Greenwash: tackling banks and brewers on their clean green spin
ECOS is an environmental science magazine published by Australia’s CSIRO.
- Blogging on climate change a job for the brave
- Preparing to adapt to the unavoidable
- Planning v Reacting: The risk of future climate change
Brisbane Times is Fairfax Media’s main online news outlet covering Brisbane. As well as freelance work, my blog is also affiliated with the site as a member of the BT Blog Army. Below is a selection of my stories appearing there.
- Bid to out the money behind voice against climate science
- The Conservative White Male effect on climate change
- Pseudoscience thrives in political climate
- Premier Newman “Can Do” climate science denial
- Mighty wind shaping Queensland’s energy future
- Australia to broach radical global warming solutions
- Calls for equal rights for nature in law
- Climate disasters take toll on mental health
- FOI reveals cloud over true emissions from coal seam gas
- It’s our coal, does it matter who burns it?
- Is Brisbane heading for an eco-crash?
- Why is Greens leader Bob Brown so happy?
- Solar state yet to shine
- Ben O’Donoghue’s food waste quest
- What to get the environment at Christmas time
- Attack of the air-conditioners
- Gone solar – how families are changing how they consume energy
- Planning for future Queensland floods
- Communities connecting in gardens
- Cycle super highways – a bold new vision