CAREFULLY plucked like dew-covered orchids from the garden of YouTube, I hereby present the ten funniest videos about climate change which have ever been made, ever, by anyone, anywhere, ever – or at least of those I’ve seen. Which isn’t many.
But anyway, I should say there’s swearing and stuff, so best turn the sound down. I think the phrase is “Not Suitable For Work” which generally means it’s suitable for sharing at work.
1. Worrying research from the coal lobby. Wind turbines could blow the earth off its orbit. The Onion discusses.
2 British comedian Sean Lock on mopping up oil spills with a seal pup and feeling generally helpless.
3. Will Ferrell as George W Bush on “global warmings” and increasing lava flows.
4. Help the homeless suffering from the cold. Pump more CO2 into the atmosphere. A fake ad for a petrol company, screened on ABC’s The Gruen Transfer.
5. Bill Maher gets generally naffed off about climate change deniers and asks if mainstream media could “please stop pitting the ignorant versus the educated and framing it as a debate”. As a bonus, watch Bill Maher interviewing late climate scientist Stephen Schneider.
6. Barely-a-Lord Christopher Monckton fails to spot that The Chaser “thinks” he’s a Sasha Baron Cohen character. My interview with Monckton’s interrogator, Craig Reucassel, is here.
7. David Mitchell on how climate change is just a “bit of a pisser” and while nobody enjoyed cleaning their room, we’ve just got to get on with it.
8. From Australian show The Hungry Beast, actual climate scientists slam one down. “Feedback,” apparently, “is like climate change on crack.” For a bit of background on this, read my interview with some of the scientists in question.
9. Whatever happened to global warming eh? Stop! The Armstrong and Miller Show warns you need to get to know the difference between weather and climate, or there’s a bar of soap and a prison block with your name on it.
10. Marcus Brigstocke wonders if the Pope is the right person to be preaching about ideological prejudice.